Are you a DIYer? If so, more power to you. Do It Yourselfers make the world go ‘round. Everybody knows a good handyman, a DIYer who would rather spend eight hours on a Saturday and make three trips to the hardware store completing a home improvement project rather than call a painter or plumber.
But there’s one area where even the most passionate and experienced handyman won’t hesitate to call for help: electrical issues. Troubleshooting electrical systems and making electrical repairs almost always require the services of a professionally licensed electrician. The reasons are many, including the fact that your home’s electrical system wiring is hidden behind walls and beneath floors. Also, if you don’t know what you are doing, you could be injured or increase the likelihood of an electrical fire in your home. So, the moral of this story is: hire a professionally licensed electrician to take care of your home’s electrical issues. Call your friends at Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric, who employ some of the best Lubbock electricians around. We will make sure your home’s electrical system is in peak, safe working condition.
In the meantime, here are things a homeowner should be on the lookout for when it comes to potential electrical system problems:
- ELECTRICAL SHOCKS. If you walk across the carpet and feel a static shock, no big deal. If you get a little jolt when you turn on a light switch, you probably have a wiring issue that needs attention.
- STRANGE SMELLS. Have you noticed a strange burning smell coming from an electrical outlet or appliance? If so, this could be a potential fire hazard. Unplug anything connected to it, and call one of Armstrong’s licensed electricians immediately.
- WEIRD NOISES. If you hear popping, crackling, sizzling or buzzing noises when you turn on a switch, don’t shrug it off. Turn it off and call an electrician.
- CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPS CONSTANTLY. Occasional circuit breaker tripping occurs when a circuit is overloaded, and it is designed to trip off to reduce overloading it to the point of it becoming a fire hazard. If a circuit breaker is frequently tripping, it could need immediate attention.
- FLICKERING LIGHTS. Flickering lights are usually caused by power surges and they eventually take a toll on wires, outlets, fixtures and appliances. This damage could pose a fire threat and requires the immediate attention of a professional electrician.
If you notice any of the above issues or if you have any other electrical safety concerns, call Armstrong today for our 24-hour emergency service. Our professionally licensed electricians will give your home a thorough inspection, and give you peace of mind. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!