Geothermal Heating & Cooling
Did you know you can heat and cool your home AND cut your utility costs by up to 70%?
This technology is available right now! Call Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric and for more information about the many advantages of geothermal heating and cooling.
The science is pretty simple. Not very far underground the temperature is virtually constant year-round. You can tap into it using a series of horizontal and/or vertical loops of underground piping.
During the summer, a ground source heat pump takes hot air out of the home and exchanges it for the cooler air underground. In the winter, the process is reversed. The technology is the same as an air source heat pump, but it operates much more efficiently because a geothermal heat pump doesn’t have to deal with the wildly fluctuating season air temperature during the heat exchange process.
Armstrong knows the upfront costs are higher for a geothermal heat pump system, but consider these numbers from the energy.gov website. The extra cost is returned to you in energy savings within 5 to 10 years. After that, it’s like extra money in your pocket. And we’re talking years and years of savings. It’s estimated the indoor components will last 25 years. The ground loop piping system should last for 50+ years.
Here are some of the key advantages:
- A geothermal system delivers radiated air and removes hot or cold spots year-round.
Lower monthly costs:
- Utility bills 70% lower than most standard systems
- The system can also provide your hot water
Reliability & longevity:
- Installation is totally indoors
- No electronic or mechanical unit is exposed to rain, snow, and ice
- Vandals can’t damage the system since it’s all inside or underground
Green with a capital ‘G’:
- No harmful emissions of greenhouse gases
- The EPA recognizes geothermal as the most environmentally friendly & cost-effective heating and cooling technology
- There is no outside noise
- Nothing to interrupt outdoor social activities.