Yes, it has been a wicked winter and yes, we are all ready for warmer weather. But before we spring ahead with all engines roaring, it is a wise idea to take a moment and make sure your spring checklist is composed, organized and ready for launch. There are many house keeping things you should have on that list; including checking your exterior paint and roof/gutters, garden and other lawn chores. A great place to start is with your home’s HVAC and plumbing systems. These systems receive a heavy workload during the fall and winter seasons here in Lubbock, so it is always wise to schedule seasonal inspection and maintenance.
Your friends at Armstrong Plumbing, Air, Electric – who have been serving the Lubbock and surrounding West Texas communities since 1934 – want to help you ensure that your home is ready for the spring and summer season, which are ready to roll across the plains. So here is a checklist, with HVAC and plumbing receiving top billing:
- Have Armstrong’s professionally-licensed HVAC technicians give your air conditioner a thorough inspection. Our technicians will inspect and clean all components of your air conditioner, check and replace filters, check refrigerant levels and lines for leaks, and make sure your system’s ductwork is airtight. We can check your thermostat. We can also test your home’s indoor air quality and make sure the air your family breathes is as clean as possible.
- Call us and get Lubbock’s best plumbers on the scene to give your home’s plumbing system a comprehensive checkup. We will check incoming water lines and outgoing drains for leaks or blockages. We will also inspect bathroom and kitchen fixtures and water-using appliances such as your water heater.
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries. A great way to remember to do this is replace the batteries whenever you set your clocks ahead in the spring.
- Inspect the exterior of your home and roof for damage. Touch up peeling paint, repair or replace torn screens and broken windows.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts and make sure outdoor water spigots and hose bibs are in good working order.
- Clean up lawn furniture and get your mowers, trimmers and other outdoor tools and equipment ready.
Spring is a time for cleaning and freshening up your home, but it is also a good time to make sure your air, plumbing and electrical systems are operating efficiently and safely. Call us today to schedule maintenance and to learn about our Armstrong Service Agreement Plan (ASAP). We can tailor ASAP to fit your budget and maintenance needs. Also, please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!