Ahh … summertime, summertime. Baseball, swimming pools, family vacations.
And heat. More specifically, west Texas, Lubbock-style heat.
While most of us are used to the hot and steamy outdoors in our area, we are also used to our home’s air conditioning system keeping it nice and cool indoors. If your air conditioner is not working the way it should be, it can make for some unpleasant situations. You may be experiencing this if your home’s air conditioner is old or constantly needing maintenance or repairs….either way, more money, right? Simply speaking, it may be time for a system replacement. If so, you may want to do more than just replace your old central air conditioning system with a newer model. Another option that is growing in popularity is a ductless heating and cooling system. Ductless systems—or mini-splits—feature mini air handlers for each room of your house, connected to an outside unit, without a ductwork system running throughout your house.
Your friends at Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric are the pros to turn to for Lubbock air conditioning and heating installation and we offer a full line of Mitsubishi ductless systems. These systems are generally more efficient than standard heating and cooling systems, but that’s not the only reason to go ductless. Here are 10 reasons why ductless may be the right call for you:
- No ductwork required. This is an obvious reason, but the lack of need for ductwork lowers installation costs and reduces air loss.
- Customized climate control for each room. Each room has its own handler and control, so this is perfect for zoned cooling and heating. Lower the temperature in one room while keeping it the same in others.
- Perfect for Wi-Fi thermostat control. Headed home from a day in the sun? Cool down any room in the house by remote control of each individual thermostat.
- Better indoor air quality (IAQ). Again, no ductwork, which spreads dust and other indoor pollutants throughout your home more freely than mini splits. Ductless systems may also include built-in purification systems.
- Lower utility bills. Because the system has multiple thermostats, homeowners can choose to only spend money cooling or heating some rooms instead of all rooms.
- No more window units. Window air conditioners get the job done, but they are bulkier and less safe. Mini-split systems do not require installation in unsecured windows.
- Easy installation. Each air handler is connected to the outdoor condenser unit via a 3-inch hole in the wall for the air delivery. Handlers can be installed high on an interior wall, out of the way.
- Quiet operation. Not only are older A/C units and window units less efficient, they are noisy. Most of the components of a ductless system are outdoors and generally much quieter.
- Perfect for renovations. Have you added on a room or turned the garage or basement into extra living space? Mini splits are easy to install, without needing to run ductwork.
- Easy to clean. The air handlers in each room are easy to clean and can be reached with a regular stepladder.
These are just a few of the reasons for making the move to a ductless mini-split system, and we would be happy to help you decide if it is right for your home or business. Better Call Armstrong today to find out more about our ductless mini-split options!