When you think of home improvements, what comes to mind? Updating paint or furniture? Or maybe even more involved additions or remodels? Did you know adding or updating appliances, including your home’s HVAC system, fall into that category, too? Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric is available to help with the options available for your specific needs if a new heating and cooling system is on your list.
You need an HVAC system that works great and efficiently to stay cozy in every season. In 2023, there are sweet rebates available through the inflation reduction act available for heating and cooling systems, including gas furnaces, qualified heat pumps, and more. Armstrong recommends consulting a trusted tax advisor for complete details and specific qualifications for personal finances and location.
What is an HVAC Rebate?
Before we jump into the details of available rebates, let’s explore what a rebate is. Imagine you buy something for which you get some of your money back. That’s a rebate! With HVAC rebates, when you buy a specified new heating or cooling system, you may recoup part of the money you spent.
Why Do These Rebates Exist?
One reason for rebates is that governments and some companies want people to use energy in smarter ways. When we use less energy, we conserve resources. Newer HVAC systems use less energy than old ones, so they’re better for the environment. It’s a win for the planet and for our wallets.
Rebates for 2023: What’s New?
- Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit – Some 2023 systems are very eco-friendly. There are limits on total rebate amount, but some of the eligible upgrades include insulation, heat pumps, water heaters, electric system upgrades, and even home energy audits. More efficient means better for the environment. Doing your part has never been so rewarding!
- Home Energy Audits: Sometimes, you just need an expert to show how and where you could save money on energy costs. Even little investments can save more over time. Schedule your home energy audit and earn a rebate equal to 30% of the cost up to $150. A trained Armstrong Comfort Specialist is ready to assist you today.
- High-Efficiency Electric Home Rebate Act (HEEHRA) – This specific rebate has tiered cost-rebates based on income up to $14,000 of the total costs (consult a tax expert for more details). Some of the electrification project costs included are: Heat pumps, breaker box upgrades, electric wiring upgrades, heat pump water heaters, insulation, air sealing and ventilation upgrades.
- Air Source Heat Pumps – Rebates are 30% of the cost up to $2,000! With recent changes to SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) limits, the rebates available combined with long-term energy savings, make 2023 the perfect time to update your old heat pump system. Call Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric today to learn more.
How to Get Your Rebate
Now that you have decided to upgrade, how can you make sure you receive any rebates available to you?
- Consult the Experts at Armstrong & Do Your Research: Not all HVAC systems qualify for a rebate. Our trained Comfort Specialists will guide you through the process of choosing the best HVAC system upgrades to meet your needs and which rebates may apply to your specific situation.
- Keep Your Receipts: Just like when you return a purchase to a store, you will need proof of purchase. Keep those receipts safe for the rebate application and for tax purposes.
- Fill Out the Forms: There will be some paperwork involved to claim the rebates applicable to you. Don’t worry—it’s not too hard. Just fill out and send it in. As always, if you are not sure about what may apply to you, ask your tax preparer for advice before completing the forms.
- Wait for the Magic: After the forms are submitted and processed, you’ll get a check or a discount. Ta da! You’ve got your rebate.
Tips & Tricks
To make the most of these rebates, here are some quick tips:
- Ask for Help: It’s easy to make an informed decision with Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric. We will help you choose the best system for you and the applicable HVAC or other home improvement rebates that may be available.
- Act Fast: Sometimes, there’s only a limited amount of rebate money. Once it’s gone, it’s gone. If you’re thinking about upgrading, do it soon! You don’t want to miss out on money-back opportunities to make your HVAC system or other home comfort resources more energy efficient.
- Combine Rebates: Don’t assume you only have one rebate available to you. Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric has information on the available rebates for the local area and nationwide. Call our office today. You may be eligible for both!
In summary, staying comfy in your home is important, but so is saving money and helping our planet. With the 2023 HVAC rebates, you can do all three! Whether you’re getting a brand-new system, or just updating your old one, there’s likely a rebate out there for you.
As you are considering home improvements for the fall season, remember your HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems. It’s more than being comfortable in your home. It’s about saving money and making choices that are good for you, the environment, and everyone who lives on planet Earth.
Call the experts at Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric. We have the knowledge and experience to guide you through the process of choosing a better heating and cooling system or other home comfort upgrades that can save money now and for years to come.
*Must advise tax consultants for full details and qualifications.