When winter’s chill starts creeping into the Lubbock, Texas area, one of the most essential pieces of equipment in your home is your furnace.
Winters here are not too harsh, but sometimes the temperatures do nosedive below freezing. This means your home’s furnace becomes a key component in keeping you and your family warm and comfortable when the winter winds blow over West Texas plains.
Your furnace keeps you warm and comfortable when the temperatures drop. Like all things, a furnace only lasts for so long. The average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years. Check out another helpful Armstrong blog to learn more!
If your furnace has seen better days, or if you’re building a new home, you might be wondering how much it costs to install a new furnace in 2023.
In this blog, Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric will dive into the influences of overall furnace installation prices and gas furnace installation costs to help you make an informed decision without breaking the bank.
Understanding Where to Seek Help for a New Furnace
Who should you turn to when your furnace is not working properly, or you know it is time for a furnace replacement? When things go wrong with your home comfort systems, better call Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric.
Armstrong has served the homeowners in the Lubbock area since it was founded by E.H. Armstrong back in 1934.
Armstrong’s highly trained HVAC technicians can quickly diagnose any furnace issues and repair them if necessary. They can also determine if a furnace replacement may be the best solution. Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric is ready and able to help you make an informed decision.
Understanding Furnace System Cost
New furnace system costs in 2023 depend on several factors. It’s important to consider all of them before making a decision. The main contributing factors to the overall cost of a new furnace includes the furnace itself, installation, labor, and the additional materials or accessories needed for a complete installation.
- Furnace Cost – Furnace prices can vary a lot depending on the brand, model, fuel source, and efficiency rating. Electric furnaces usually cost less to install but are more expensive to operate than gas furnaces. In 2023, the national average price range you can expect for a new furnace installation is between $4,000 and $8,000. The overall cost can even be in the $10,000 range, depending on such things as the square footage of your home, efficiency, brand, and special features.
- Installation Cost – Since installing a furnace is not a DIY project, you must expect to pay for professional installation. Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric offers competitive market pricing. As with the cost of the furnace itself, installation costs are affected by the size of your home and the complexity of the equipment you choose.
- Additional Materials & Accessories – You may need additional materials and accessories for your furnace installation. This can include ductwork modifications, venting systems, thermostats, and air filters. The exact amount of the additional cost will vary depending on your home’s specific needs to achieve the best outcome.
Gas furnaces are known for their high efficiency and cost-effectiveness. You can see why they are the most common type of furnace installed across the U.S.A. We should take some time to look closer at the costs and what can influence them.
Factors Influencing Gas Furnace Installation Cost
- Efficiency Rating – Gas furnaces have different efficiency ratings. The efficiency is measured in Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the furnace. Better efficiency equals lower energy bills over time.
More efficient furnaces tend to be more expensive upfront, but they can result in long-term cost savings. In 2023, you can find gas furnaces with AFUE ratings ranging from 80% to over 98%. Furnaces with higher AFUE ratings can be a more cost-effective choice in the long run.
- Size of the furnace – The size furnace you need is determined by the square footage of your home and your heating requirements. An undersized furnace will struggle to heat your home efficiently, while an oversized furnace can lead to energy waste and discomfort. The size of the furnace you choose will affect the installation cost. Larger units may require more extensive ductwork modifications.
- Venting System – Gas furnaces require proper venting to expel combustion gasses safely. The type of venting system you need can impact the installation cost. There are two main types of venting systems: conventional chimneys and direct venting. Conventional chimneys may require additional modifications and have higher installation costs compared to direct venting.
- Location of the Installation -The location of the furnace installation can also affect the cost. Replacing an old furnace in the same location is typically less expensive than relocating the furnace or installing it in a new area of your home. If you’re making significant changes to your HVAC system, such as moving the furnace from a basement to an attic, you should budget for additional installation costs.
Factors Affecting Furnace Installation Prices
There are several elements affecting the furnace prices installed, such as:
- Brand & Model – The brand and model of the furnace you choose has a big role in the overall cost. Well-known, quality brands tend to have higher prices. Premium models with advanced features and higher efficiency ratings will also come with a higher price tag. While cheaper may be appealing, it is very important to balance the cost with long-term efficiency and reliability.
- Energy Efficiency – The energy efficiency of the furnace, as indicated by its AFUE rating, affects both upfront cost and operating expenses. A more efficient furnace may have a higher price, but it can save you money on your monthly energy bills over time.
Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric has a wide variety of energy-efficient furnaces. We will provide options, so you can choose the best one for your home without breaking your budget in the process.
- Difficulty of Installation – If the installation is more involved, the overall costs will be higher. You get peace of mind when you choose Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric to complete your furnace installation. You will know the costs upfront. There will be no surprises.
- Contractor’s Reputation and Experience – Your furnace installation is only as valuable as the contractor who completes the job. Armstrong has a solid reputation in the Lubbock area. You get the highest quality products and services. Our commitment to homeowners is shown by the number of years we have been around. Check out the reviews from our long list of satisfied customers.
- Warranties & Maintenance – The warranty offered by the manufacturer is another important consideration. A longer warranty gives peace of mind and may save you money on future repairs. Regular maintenance is often required by manufacturers. Tune-ups are also vital to keep your furnace running efficiently and extend its lifespan.
Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric offers a comprehensive Armstrong Service Agreement Plan (ASAP), so you never have to worry about the condition of your new furnace installation.
Know Who to Call for Your Furnace Installation
Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric can make your furnace purchase and installation as stress-free as possible. Contact Armstrong today to find out more about our Lennox and American Standard HVAC equipment and about possible manufacturer’s and federal rebates available for you!
Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric also offers special financing to meet your budget. Contact one of trained and friendly team members today to schedule free in-home consultation.
Follow the lead of your neighbors. If something is wrong, better call Armstrong!