Boo! Halloween is coming and that means plenty of ghosts, goblins and other scary stuff. Here in Lubbock, we love All Hallow’s Eve, but your friends at Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric want you to know there is one thing you don’t have to have heating fears or be scared of an HVAC inspection. And the main reason you don’t need to fear it is because we are going to be right there with you every step of the way. Our professionally licensed service technicians will perform a thorough inspection and uncover any potential problems, issues that need to be addressed and other spooky stuff.
As the cooler late fall and winter months approach, it is time to schedule a seasonal heating system inspection. Now, some folks get nervous whenever the word inspection is used, mostly because they fear what an inspection may turn up and how much it will cost to fix any issues. Here are some common issues that a regular inspection can reveal:
- Dirty air filters. Always one of the first things we look at and one of the easiest ways to help keep your system running the way it should. A dirty air filter can restrict air flow and also cause the fan switch to malfunction. Fear factor: Zero… this is an easy fix.
- Pilot light/ignition switch issue. Problems here could result in intermittent or no heat. Most newer furnaces feature an electronic ignition switch, while older models may still operate with a pilot light. Fear factor: Minimal. Also an easy fix for an HVAC professional, with a manageable repair cost.
- Faulty thermostat. When this component has issues, the command center of your system suffers and could result in inconsistent heating or erratic on/off cycles. Fear factor: Minimal. Also an easy fix – check batteries, electrical connections, then consider replacement.
- Leaky ductwork. If your home’s ductwork system is compromised, it could be letting heated air that you paid to climate control escape unused. If You suspect your ductwork has sprung a leak, call a professional pronto. Fear factor: Medium. This could be a simple one-leak fix, or your ductwork system could need a complete overhaul, which could be pricey.
- Weak airflow/circulation. This could be a result of clogged air filters or duct issues. Or, it could mean that mechanical components of your system such as fans, belts, bearings etc. are getting worn and in need of replacement. Fear factor: Moderate. Malfunction or breakdown of these parts may mean your furnace is nearing the end as well.
HVAC MAINTENANCE IN LUBBOCK, TX
Armstrong Mechanical has helped our residential and commercial customers in the Lubbock area keep their HVAC systems maintained for more than 80 years. Our professional technicians have seen and done it all, so give us a call today to learn more about our Armstrong Service Agreement Plan and also how regular maintenance can save you money and extend your system’s lifespan. Happy Halloween!