Nest Thermostat Compatibility – Upgrading Your Thermostat
Nest smart home technology has become so widely popular across the country and among various demographics, that many devices and appliances now include a special logo to show consumers that they are compatible with Nest. If you are considering using Nest technology to upgrade your indoor temperature control to a Wifi thermostat, there are a few considerations, including Nest thermostat compatibility.
First, Nest will not sync with heating systems that utilize coal, pellets, wood chips, anthracite (a variation of coal that burns hotter) or other organic materials that may be used for fuel. Basically, if your home is heated with traditional fuels such as natural or LP gas, home heating oil or electric, a Nest thermostat will likely work with your system.
Benefits of Using Nest WifiThermostats
One of the best outcomes when using Nest or any Wifi thermostat is the ability to easily set programs or presets for temperature control. When indoor thermostat settings are static or constant and set at specific temperatures according to occupancy, over time energy costs will go down. Over the course of a year, the savings could be significant.
Because you have complete control over your home comfort system, with a Nest thermostat you can:
- Have remote access to your home comfort system from any smart device anywhere you have internet capability.
- Can monitor your home’s indoor environment, anywhere, anytime.
- Know when you are at peak efficiency. When your system is operating at its best, a leaf icon appears on the display. When Nest senses no one is at home, it will self-adjust to ensure no energy is being wasted in an empty house.
- The Nest Learning thermostat actually “learns” your comfort preferences and adjusts the controls automatically.
- When connected to Google Home, you can even control your Nest thermostat with just your voice.
Nest thermostats are a great way to manage your home energy costs. Worried about the upfront costs of upgrading multiple thermostats? No need. You can upgrade one at a time or all your thermostats at once. The choice is yours.
Contact Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric today to learn more about the innovative and cost-saving Nest thermostat technology.