What to Do if Furnace is Making Strange Noises
Even in Lubbock, homeowners need a reliable furnace for those cold winter nights. To make sure your furnace is always ready when you need it (and not making strange noises), schedule regular furnace maintenance for your heating system. Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric is the only name you need to remember to keep you comfortable all year long.
Furnaces typically have a sound when operating, such as a slight humming. What if the noise coming from your furnace is unusual? What does that mean?
Furnaces can make strange noises for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of strange noises coming from a furnace include:
- Loose parts: If any parts of the furnace, such as the blower motor or belt, become loose, they can create strange noises as they move around.
- Debris in the burners: If there is debris, like dirt or dust, in the burners, it can cause strange noises when running.
- Worn out parts: As parts of the furnace age, they can become worn out and create strange noises as they struggle to function properly.
- Duct problems: If there are any problems with the ductwork in your home, such as a blockage or a leak, it can cause strange noises as the air moves through the system causing the ducts to expand and contract.
- Cracks in the heat exchanger: The heat exchanger is the part of the furnace that actually generates heat. If it has cracks in it, it not only can create strange noises as the gas burns but is also very dangerous. Better call Armstrong right away!
- Improperly sized furnace: If the furnace is not the right size for your home, it can create strange noises as it works to heat your home.
It is important to address strange noises coming from your furnace as soon as possible, as they can often be a sign of a more serious problem. If you are unsure of what is causing the noise or how to fix it, it is best to call a professional HVAC technician for help. They will be able to diagnose the problem and make any necessary repairs or offer solutions for a furnace replacement to ensure that you have an efficient and safe home comfort system.
Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric has been serving the Lubbock, Texas area since 1934. Call Armstrong today for your furnace repairs or replacement.