Recessed Lighting & Home Value
The real estate market in the Lubbock, Texas area continues to be hot and shows no indicators of slowing down. Having recessed lighting that is appealing and functional is a must have and is a fantastic way to brighten the interior of your home.
Installing recessed lighting is easiest during new construction, before ceiling materials go up; but, it can also be retrofitted into existing spaces with a little finesse. If you are looking for a relatively easy way to make a positive impression with your home and increase its value, this is the way to go. Statistics show that recessed lighting could add from 1% – 3% to your home’s value!
Pros of Recessed Lighting
In addition to making your home more appealing and increasing its overall value, if you are prepping your home to sell, it may even be the tipping point to getting an offer or not. There are several other reasons why adding recessed lighting to your living space is a good home improvement decision, such as:
- Easy installation, even if retrofitting, makes this a simple upgrade.
- Rooms appear larger than they are, which adds to the coziness of your home.
- LED recessed lighting is energy efficient and lowers utility costs.
- Since recessed lighting is installed in the ceiling, it takes up zero floor and wall space.
- Focused recessed lighting can be used to accent specific areas or works of art.
- Enhance specific spaces, like kitchen or hobby areas, with recessed lighting.
There are many advantages to using this type of lighting in your home, but any residential or commercial electrical work is best when done by a licensed, experienced electrician, and the skilled professionals at Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric are able to get your home outfitted with updated recessed lighting quickly, efficiently and safely. Call Armstrong to schedule an in-home consultation today.