Are you tired of dealing with hard water problems in your Lubbock area home? Does your water taste or smell bad? If so, it’s time to consider a water softener system and/or a water filtration system from Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric. These systems can make a world of difference in your water quality, making it safer, healthier, and more enjoyable for you and your family.
Why You Need a Water Softener System
Hard water is a common issue in many areas. Lubbock is no exception. It occurs when water contains high levels of minerals like calcium and magnesium. Even though these minerals are not harmful to your health, they can cause problems with your plumbing, appliances, and even your skin and hair.
A water softener system is your solution to hard water problems. It works by removing those minerals from your water supply. When hard water passes through the water softener, it goes through a process called ion exchange. In this process, the calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for sodium ions, effectively softening the water.
The hardness of water is usually measured in grains per gallon (gpg). The higher the gpg level, the harder the water. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, very hard water occurs when the gpg is above 7.5. The hardness level in our area averages around 14 gpg. Water softeners are designed to handle different levels of hardness. Make sure to choose the right one for your needs.
Benefits of a Water Softener System
- Protect Your Appliances: Hard water can lead to the buildup of mineral deposits in your appliances, reducing their efficiency and lifespan. A water softener can prevent this buildup, saving you money on repairs and replacements
- Extend the Life of Your Plumbing: Hard water can also cause scale buildup in your pipes. This can lead to clogs and reduced water flow. A water softener can help prevent this, providing peace of mind knowing your plumbing system is protected.
- Softer Skin and Hair: Hard water can leave your skin feeling dry and your hair looking dull. With a water softener, you’ll enjoy softer, healthier skin and hair.
- Better Cleaning: Soft water lathers more easily with soap and detergents, leading to more effective cleaning. You’ll notice cleaner dishes, clothes, and a spotless shower; and, you will need less soap!
Choosing the Right Water Softener
When choosing a water softener system for your Lubbock area home, consider factors like the size of your family, your water usage, and the hardness of your water supply. Whole house water softeners are ideal if you want to soften all the water that enters your home. They usually consist of two main components: a resin tank and a brine tank.
- Resin Tank: This is where the ion exchange process happens. It contains tiny resin beads that attract and trap the calcium and magnesium ions from your water.
- Brine Tank: The brine tank stores a salt solution that’s used to regenerate the resin beads. This process ensures your water softener continues to work effectively.
Water Filtration System for Better Water Quality
While a water softener system helps with hardness, a water filtration system removes other pollutants that may be present in your water supply. In the Lubbock area, water is treated with a combination of chlorine and ammonia known as chloramine. According to research, at certain levels chloramine may negatively impact those on dialysis or experiencing certain respiratory conditions. In addition to chemicals for purification, tap water may contain impurities such as sediment, and even traces of heavy metals. Well water is not exempt from also containing these specific impurities, which can affect the taste and odor of your water.
A carbon filtration system is a common type of water filtration system that can greatly improve the quality of your water. It uses activated carbon to absorb and remove impurities, resulting in cleaner, fresher-tasting water.
Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric offers quality whole-home water filtration in partnership with WaterTech, to meet all your water treatment needs. Contact Armstrong for more information.
Benefits of a Water Filtration System
- Better-Tasting Water: A water filtration system can remove the odd taste of chloramine and other unpleasant odors, giving you water that tastes and smells better.
- Healthier Water: Filtering out impurities ensures that the water you drink and use for cooking is free from harmful contaminants, providing peace of mind for you and your family.
- Improved Appliance Performance: Just like with hard water, impurities can damage your appliances over time. A water filtration system can help prolong the life of your appliances by preventing buildup and corrosion.
Reverse Osmosis for Ultimate Water Purity
For the highest level of water purification, consider a reverse osmosis system. This advanced water filtration method uses a semipermeable membrane to remove even the tiniest particles and impurities from your water supply.
Reverse osmosis is excellent for removing contaminants like bacteria, viruses, and dissolved solids. It’s a top choice for those who want the purest and safest drinking water possible. Schedule an appointment with Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric to learn more today.
Install a Water Softener and Filtration System
Now that you understand the benefits of water softener and water filtration systems, it’s time to think about installation. While some homeowners might tackle this as a DIY project, it’s often best left to the professionals at Armstrong. Proper installation ensures that your systems work efficiently and effectively.
To get started, you’ll want to:
- Assess Your Water Quality: Determine the hardness of your water and any specific contaminants you want to address. Armstrong will test the quality of your water as the basis for improving your water quality.
- Choose the Right Systems: The Armstrong technician will use the results of your water test to help you select the appropriate water softener and filtration systems.
- Professional Installation: Once you have made your decision about the water softening and filtration system you want, installation will be scheduled with one of Armstrong’s professionally trained plumbers. They will ensure everything is set up correctly and functioning as it should.
- Regular Maintenance: Water softeners and filtration systems require periodic maintenance to continue working optimally. Armstrong will make sure you know what to do for your home softener and/or water filtration system and work with you to keep your systems in top shape.
Investing in a water softener system and/or a water filtration system for your Lubbock, TX, home is a healthy and wise decision. These systems not only increase water quality but also protect your appliances and ensure a healthier living environment for you and your family.
Say goodbye to hard water problems, unpleasant tastes, and unwanted odors in your water supply. Enjoy the benefits of soft, clean, and safe water by having Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric install a water softener and filtration system.
Start your journey toward better water quality and a happier, healthier home today by scheduling an appointment with Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric.