Mini Split Making Loud Noises? What Do They Mean?
Mini-split air conditioning systems are designed to provide cooling and heating to small spaces. When they are operating correctly, mini-splits are relatively quiet. If a mini-split is making loud noises, it is an indication that something is wrong, and it needs to be fixed immediately. For a fast and efficient mini-split repair, call Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric.
There are several reasons why a mini-split may be making loud noises. Some of the most common causes include:
- Faulty motor: The motor is one of the most crucial components of a mini-split air conditioning system. If it is not functioning correctly, it may produce loud noises. This could be due to a worn-out motor, loose parts or dirt accumulation, which would need to be addressed by a qualified technician.
- Loose parts: Loose parts can cause vibrations and rattling sounds, making the system noisy. A technician should check for any loose parts and tighten them appropriately.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Dirt and debris can accumulate in the filters, causing the system to work harder, leading to loud noises. Cleaning or replacing the filters can solve this problem.
- Low refrigerant levels: When the refrigerant levels are low, the system must work harder to cool the air, which may cause a noisy mini-split. A technician can check the refrigerant levels and refill if necessary.
- Improper installation: If the mini-split air conditioning system is not installed correctly, it can produce loud noises. An experienced technician can assess the installation and make any necessary adjustments.
Ignoring loud noises from a mini-split air conditioner may cause greater damage to the system, leading to even more costly repairs. It is always advisable to address the problem promptly. Regular system maintenance can prevent some of these issues from occurring in the first place.
To schedule your mini-split repair or air conditioning system maintenance, call Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric today.