Summer can be really tough on home plumbing systems.
This is mostly due to noticeable increases in water usage. Kids are on summer vacation, meaning they are home more often and take more showers, wash more clothes and dishes and flush the toilets more frequently. Water usage also goes up as family swimming pools are filled and maintained and lawns and gardens are watered.
The good news for your plumbing system is summer break is just about over for most school kids. As they head back to school, now is a good time to check out just how much of a beating your plumbing has absorbed the past few months. The summer-long, accumulative effect on your home’s pipes and fixtures can result in potential plumbing system damage. Problems can include leaky pipes/fixtures, toilets that won’t shut off and clogged/blocked garbage disposals and sewer lines. Water filtration systems, washing machines, dishwashers and water heaters can also suffer wear and tear with the higher demand.
Don’t wait for a flooded kitchen or basement or a broken-down appliance… schedule regular maintenance by giving Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric a call today. Our licensed professionals are ready to take care of all your plumbing needs, including:
- Water Heaters. Make sure you have inexpensive hot water when you need it.
- Water Treatment. Purified water at your family’s fingertips
- Garbage Disposal Installation. A must for easy and environmentally-friendly kitchen waste disposal.
- New Plumbing. Complete turnkey installations by licensed pros.
- Under Sink Water Filtration. Better tasting water right from the kitchen faucet
- Backflow Preventers. Installation, repair and testing
- Water and Sewer Line Repairs and Replacements. Nothing lasts forever.
We also want to remind our customers to conserve water whenever possible. This can be done in a myriad of ways: taking fewer and shorter showers, shutting off the faucet while brushing your teeth, reducing lawn watering and completely filling the washing machine and dishwasher before running. For more information on water conservation or to schedule plumbing service or maintenance, better call Armstrong today.