Generally speaking, plumbing is not a life and death issue, but just like it’s important to keep your blood vessels and arteries clean and leak free, the same is true of the pipes in your Lubbock, Texas home. Thankfully, it’s a lot easier to call in an expert for a plumbing inspection and maintenance than it is to call a cardiologist for a stress test, EKG, or echocardiogram.
INSPECTION & MAINTENANCE RECOMMENDATIONS
Plumbers usually recommend that a home’s plumbing system should be checked at least every-other year. Understand, that’s the minimum. There are situations that call for more frequent plumbing inspections. Here are a few examples:
- You live in an older home – Age is one of the most dangerous threats to a plumbing system and should make you consider having a plumbing inspection every year. Many older homes have plumbing systems that include steel pipes. Despite its strength, steel is prone to corrosion that can cause leaks and increase the risk of burst pipes. An experienced plumber can identify those problems before damage occurs.
- Large trees on the property – Guess what large trees have? Large root systems and those underground roots love to seek out water and sewer lines. A plumbing inspection can often spot some of the symptoms caused by underground leaks.
- Just moved into a new home – Chances are you had a home inspection before signing on the dotted line. But those inspections are general in nature and the home inspector may have only limited knowledge about plumbing. Hiring a plumber to do another inspection can prevent future problems.
WHO YOU HIRE IS IMPORTANT
Plumbing maintenance and inspections are important but it’s also vital to choose the right plumber for the job.
- Check those online ratings and reviews. Just remember, don’t place too much emphasis on one review, positive or negative. What you are looking for is a recurring theme that can give you an insight into the quality of work performed.
- History is an important factor. If a company or plumber has been in business for several years or decades, it’s a fairly good indication that the service is reliable.
- Plumbers must be licensed & insured. This includes the individual and the company he or she works for. Do not be afraid to ask for proof before hiring them to do an inspection in your home.
SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION TODAY
A plumbing inspection will also fill another important role: An experienced plumber can confirm your plumbing is up to code. Previous owners may have performed D-I-Y repairs that are a disaster waiting to happen. If you haven’t had a plumbing inspection in the last two years, call Armstrong Plumbing, Air & Electric now to schedule your appointment. You should also check out our customizable Armstrong Service Agreement Plans. There is one to fit the needs of virtually every Lubbock, Texas homeowner.